H-1B Visa Information
The earliest you can apply for the H-1B Visa is 6 months before the requested start date. For example you may file on 4/1/2015 for a 10/1/2015 start date. The requirements to qualify for an H1B visa are:
You must have ONE of the following:
1) A Bachelor’s degree or Masters Degree (or the foreign equivalent degree from your Country), OR
2) 12 years work experience, OR
3) A mix of further education (e.g 2 year Degree/Diploma) plus six years work experience.
The H1B visa requirements are the same for everyone, from every Country.
The general H1B visa qualification rule is:
– for every 1 year of studies at University / College = 3 points
– for every 1 year of work experience = 1 point
12 points in total are required to qualify for the H1B visa program The earliest you can apply for the H-1B Visa is 6 months before the requested start date. For example you may file on 4/1/11 for a 10/1/11 start date.